Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

The 2 Hour Window....and More



Well this week has been busy as promised. Top it off with a surprise visit to the Pediatric dentist for the 1st time and you've got yourself a grand ol' time. I have been meaning to make Sophia an appointment for a while now and I had a few moments to make some phone calls this week, to my surprise when I called they told me they had a cancellation the very next morning. Off we went, typically Jeff is a part of all our firsts but this time he had and early morning commitment that he could not get out of. But Sophia did so well. I thought she would be a little out of the sorts with the whole experience but not at all. She never ceases to amaze me.
For most of you that know us well, my Jeffrey has an issue with work, he loves it. Truly loves to work, it is one of the things I admire about him and thank God for how well of a family provider he is, but sometimes when I just want him to play hookey its really tough. Over the last year I have been though some really high highs and equally low lows so he has come to humor my requests of a morning off here and there and has even taken time to head to Florida with me (yes, work comes too, but we are there together)
Today we met friends of ours up at Crystal Beach (I just love that Beach soooo much)
The kids played, we had some time, Sophia took and extra long nap and we capped the night off with a bike ride to DQ. It was a great day for sure to top it off the 2 hour window Jeff gave me to go to the beach turned into 4... (which means a longer work day tomorrow but so worth it.

So with the Beach day and an end to a crazy week, I did the unthinkable in my house..... I pulled out 'Not Dogs', boiled up some beets with butter and made a homemade Mac & Cheese ( I am working on 'coping' the Panera recipe and I am pretty close to it, when I have it I will be sure to share.
Enjoy the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers