Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Buns, BBQ, Better Skin, Bait & Big Brother



Wow lots to fill you in on today....
Have I told you how much we love going to Restoration Church? We prayed about checking it out and really were not sure where God was pointing us to in our walk. Well, it was here for sure. For so many reasons but on some what silly reason (which I didn't realize or think about until today) is Breakfast. We love weekend breakfasts and everyone in my house has a Cinnamon Bun weakness. Last night at about 9:30 I got this crazy need to make buns for the morning. Nothing like the smell of hot yummy buns to wake you up and get you ready for the day. Not the best choice in the healthy balanced breakfast dept. BUT....here's the recipe
Cinnamon Buns Very easy Just a lot of wait time
1 pack of active dry yeast
3/4 warm water
1/4 sugar
salt
1 room temp egg
2 1/2 cup bread flour (King Aurthor makes one, I have tried it with other kinds and its just not as soft and fluffy)
Cinnamon
Brown Sugar
Butter
Mix the yeast with the warm water let it sit till it gets creamy about 10-15 min,
The mix sugar,pinch of salt, egg and 1 cup flour together with the yeast mix. Once combined mix in the left over flour about 1/2 cup at a time till its all pulled together to make a good dough ball. Pull it out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 min cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for about 10 min more. Grease an 8x8 pan roll the dough out to a good rectangle. Smear with butter, sprinkle cinn and brown sug. to your liking and roll. Cut about every 2 inches, you should get 9-12 pieces place them in the pan with the cut side up. Bake about 20 min at 400. Cover with your favorite icing, I mix Powder sugar, almond milk, a pat of butter and a pinch of vanilla.

Another weakness in our house is BBQ sauce. I love to grill veggie and use it as a dip. This is something I no longer buy and make up as I go.
BBQ
A very skilled recipe!
A good squirt of Ketchup
Some Worchestershire sauce
Honey
Cumin
Chili powder
Minced Onion
S&P
Mix till your taste buds are happy.
(Cumin and Worchestershire add smokey flavors, Honey adds sweet, Chili adds heat, Onion adds kick.

Better Skin and Better Choices.
I am a product JUNKY!!!!! I need a 12 step program. It has gotten better with age, as I realize I don't need half the stuff I have. I really have gotten into the Kindlife Philosophy a(http://www.thekindlife.com/) and a while ago there was a post about
http://www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/. Well it just so happened I really did need a new moisturizer and eye cream (I have made a personal vow to not get wrinkles, hmmmm, do you think I'll keep it)I ordered from the site, which I thought was very reasonably priced for the quality of products. LOVE THEM, love them, love them. Since ordering the skin care I have tried the powder foundation and hair products for kids,
I have not been disappointed yet. Worth a peek and a sample if you are looking for a change.

and BIG BROTHER.
I am not a TV person. We own 1 TV that is 16 years old and the volume is almost gone, but that puppy still works I tell you. Anyway, about 5 years my friend asked me "do watch BB?" what was that I had never heard of it. So I had to check it out. It like a juicy summer beach read for me. Maybe because its on 3 nights a week and you don't have to wait long to get a fix? Not sure. Its some what of a reality game show. There is always a pretty good mix of people. They almost always have someone on with a good head of faith too. Well this year like all the rest I am hooked. There is this big Texan, Oil Rig salesman Lane, I just dig him for some reason...Hope he wins

Bait
We live very close to a nature walk/park. We love to go feed the squirrels and enjoy the outdoors. When we went on Saturday, to our surprise it was very her to find any animals at all. So we set out lots of bait and kept walking. It was so cute to hear Sophia ask "did they take the bait momma?" as we headed out of the park.
Love little adventures with my 2 favorite people.

Oh what a weekend. Here's to a good week for you and your belly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers