Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Another week of summer


Oh my goodness I can not believe its been a week since I posted. Life is moving way too fast again. For me it goes in waves there is everything or nothing......
Last week was full of family time and friends. I think I am trying to rope in the last little sprinklings of summer.
On Saturday we headed up North to a local fair that we had never been to. I was so impressed (can you say that about a fair?) It was about 1/4 of the size we are used to, clean safe and friendly. The day could not have been more beautiful. Everyone was happy and had a wonderful day. Phi made it all day and slept in till 8:30 on Sunday, which kind of set us back for the day but, you need that every now and then.
Sunday was supposed to be busy as well but the rain and some icky tummies ended keeping everyone inside.
Our CSA share this week was just huge. I am trying to find some new recipes to make use of the 2 incredibly large heads of cabbage I have. Lots of lettuce, heirloom cukes, tomatoes, beets, carrots, onions, peppers, zukes, squash and this lovely smelling bushel of peaches.
It was calling to me from the minute we brought it in. Nothing like a ripe juicy peach shared with a 2 year old.
So we are all set to make some cobbler, jam and can some peaches for the winter.
I am really trying to stay a head of all the fruit and veggies this summer and freeze it all now so we have the same yummy goodness through the cold months.

Dinner this week looks like this:
Today is a fridge clean out, lots of fresh veggies tosses with some browned butter served over Polenta cakes, Fusion Enchilada's, Lemony Pesto Pasta, Medi Calzones, Loaded Bowls and Saturday is Date night. We are going to try a new restaurant and see Eat, Pray, Love ( I am really excited about the movie).

Other then that, things are slowing down here too. Bedtime is moving up again. I try to do 15 minutes each week the month of August so that by the time school starts we have all smoothly transitioned back to the early shift.

I have also been exploring lots of blogs lately, so many different formats and styles it is so neat to glimpse into them all. But they can also be a time waster so I have to be careful before you know it, I look at the clock and its 11pm and way too late for me.


Add a new twist on Cabbage, I think I may serve this along with the pasta
http://www.dailyunadventuresincooking.com/2010/07/creamy-baked-cabbage-recipe.html

Keep your belly happy and smile at someone today, you never know who needs it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers