Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Meal Plans

Having a plan always makes things go a it more smoothly. I always planned our meals out on Saturday and Sunday but now with Sophia and work (Sept-June) I feel its even more important.
Generally I pull from a few categories of food we love:
Mexican, Pasta, Salad, Soups, Sandwiches, Pizza, Breakfast, Asian and go from there.
We are pretty adventurous with our food as well and I add something new into the mix almost on a weekly basis. I also try to make the meals and ingredients carry over into each over. Saves on prep and cost (example if I make a side of boiled butter and Parsley spuds the left overs get cut up and used to make homefries for Breakfast for dinner night or if I have rice or Quinoa as a side its leftovers are used to stuff something)
So this week I challenge you to try it out lay out the week, clip your coupons, pull your recipes and set up the week. Let us know how it goes. I think it would be fun to share the ups and downs in the kitchen.

Tonight I am trying something new, Roasting corn in my broiler and using it to top of an Avocado Salad.

Keep your bellies happy and have fun with someone you love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers