Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

To Glaze or not to Glaze?


Not sure if I told you but we love breakfast around here. One of my best and early memories of our marriage was when Jeff would get up earlier then me and get a Huge breakfast going. Eggs, fruit, toast, COFFFFFFEEEEE! waffles or pancakes and any other fun thing he found in the fridge. Well Saturdays and Sundays are just not that lazy anymore (funny things happen after you turn 30) so we only do this every once in a while but lately with church now starting at 10, its been creeping back in to Sunday mornings. Instead of him cooking and I snoozing in bed, its Sophia and I, and I must say it is just as magical.
After berry picking and freezing I had so many berries that didn't meet "quality control" for one reason or another so I decide to make double berry muffins.
After I noticed that Jeff had eaten 5 in a matter of maybe 5 minutes I said are they good. Awesome was the response..
So enjoy
3/4c Almond milk or whatever you like
1/2 cup yogurt
1 egg or egg replacer mixxed
2 cups flour you can do half and half 1 wheat 1 white but not the whole thing wheat too heavy
about 1/4 cup honey
1/4 coconut flakes
3 Teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup raspberries 1/2 cup Blueberries

preheat to 400 spray or line muffin pans
blend milk, yogurt,egg in a small bowl. Sift dry ingredients in another. Make a well in the dry and pour in the wet, mix well. Fold in the berries and divide among the cups. bake 15 to 20 minutes depending on how you like yours.
Lemon glaze
when muffin are cool dip the tops into this yummy oozzzzey goodness
Juice of 1 lemon
about 1 cup powder sugar
a good squirt of vanilla
a teeny pinch of salt
mix and use.

All right, I just noticed its way toooo late for me so happy bellies all. I have a another loaded bowl and a simple eggplant parm for you which I'll post with in the week till then

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers