Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sticks and Snow


Please sign in as a follower
Oh Saturday how I simply love thy, are you with me?
Saturday mornings are pretty close to perfect around here, Sophia wakes up about 6:30-7 and comes to snuggle in the big bed I usually get about a half hour extra, then she kindly rolls over touches my head and says, "milk and coffee time", never fails always. So in come the milk and coffee a few books or more stuff animals and we lounge for a bit.
This morning she asked me to makes sticks ( waffle sticks). As shown in the picture we are at the point were she does the mixing in almost all my recipes, she has figured out that cooking means a lot of food sampling and that's right up her alley.
For my waffles I use the same pancake recipe as I posted earlier, just add a bit more almond milk and vanilla. To my shock ( I never run out of anything) I was out of maple syrup, so we improvised and may a
Berry and peach compote
( such an easy fix)
For the berry version, I tossed in and good handful of black and blueberries and a bit of homemade strawberry jam, about a half cup of sugar and about 1 cup of water and just let it cook down till it is as thick as you like
Peach

I cut up about 4 peaches ( perfect timing they were going soft on me and would have been tossed if not for today)
tossed them in with a good helping of smart balance and brown sugar and cooked them down till the natural juice and syrup came out.
Lovely................. and so yummy
and for the snow, its simply powder sugar that Sophia gets to sprinkle on everyone's plate,
(did I forget to tell you I have my own Sous Chef) She just loves it, I am from the side that believes if the kids make it and see everything that goes into cooking they love to eat it. The Picture shows her loudly exclaiming its "snowing daddy".

So that was the morning and now we're off to a wedding tonight so that's dinner.

Stop by tomorrow for Ranch Potatoes

and my 2 new favorite products (both pictured above)
Avon glazewear shine lipgloss the perfect amount of gloss to shine to stick ratio, I have an avon lady if you need... That just made me crack up
&
OPI My Private Jet polish I am a paint your toes not your fingers kind of girl and just fell in love with this shade. It is kind of brown, plum, and gray with a super high shine and a bit of soft adult gilter. So fun for a summer pedi, speaking of which I always went to a little place in a plaza near me but my MIL asked me to go to Excuria with her (I don't really dig the vibe there but went for the bonding time) I loved it. The pedi room is private and quite esp on a Friday night at 7. My pedi looked great and held up for 7 weeks so worth $ 48 (vs 35 for about 4 /5 weeks at the "little place", so not bad.)

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing the pics of Sophia - keep 'em coming! And that looks like a pretty groovy waffle maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda, I was afraid at 1st to put her up there. Jeff got that Waffle maker for me for one of our 1st Christmas' together, its so old. I would actually like to get more of a Bellgin one. Do you have 1 too

    ReplyDelete

Followers