Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

*Warning *deep post today

So Today is a soggy kind of day, I woke to beautiful sunshine in my window and then it quickly faded.
We had so many different sets of "plans" today but most were changed last night due to weather, so Sophia and I headed out to the book store for some fun and lunch with a friend.
While getting ready this morning, Sophia came up with the best plan, when I stepped out of the shower and Sophia had her anatomy lesson for the day she looked up at me with the biggest eyes and said, "Momma, me play in the water too?", hmmmm, sure I thought, I filled up the tub with about 2 inches of water gave her a get big bucket of foam letters and paint brushes and she had a ball, I was able to get ready (in the same room, watching her the whole time.... no safety/parenting issues). Why hadn't I thought of this 2 years ago.....? Sophia has always been a very easy going kind of kid and has no problem reading or playing while I shower but this was great, in the same room singing and talking all while I had time.
TIME.......... Which brings me to another thought. How fast is summer going for you? I feel like it is just soaring past me and I am not even breathing, which is both good and bad. I so love how care free our summer days are when time is not an issue but work will soon be right around the corner and I'll again find an odd comfort in the routine and structure Sept through June brings. I like when things are predictable, I am not into surprises. The thought of walking into something I am not prepared for makes me literally sick to my stomach. Which might have something to do with my crowd issue. Big groups of people make me really uncomfortable. That's a tough one to understand for some. For me, I sometimes come off aloof or cold, but it really is a self protection thing. But I am so thankful to those in my life that have given me the extra time I need to get comfortable. Those few people who really know me and have never judged me. You know who you are and THANK YOU!
I want to share a poem with you
Journey With Me

Allow me to quiet thy sad, burdened heart
O brilliant, wondering thinker you are
And question no longer thy role, nor thy part
But journey with me, journey with me

'Tis true, in my life, ay, mistakes I have made
Yet better, for lessons I've learned, I became
With Christ in my heart, by grace I am saved
So journey with me, journey with me

I cannot be found on a page or a screen
Nor fairy-tale fable, nor castle agleam
But maybe, with luck, we can meet in a dream
Come journey with me, journey with me

I'd like you to know all my faults and my fears
To share with you laughter and sorrowful tears
To hold you until all your doubt disappears
Please journey with me, journey with me

I find that you, too, have the same fears as I
The pressure that we only get one first try
Well, journey with me, journey with me

Shout not, to the world, of contentment untrue
When I could be singing a duet with you
For Solomon sang of the love that he knew
O, journey with me, journey with me

So send your dread shivering into the night
Let down the shields you have locked up so tight
Give me your left hand to hold in my right
And journey with me, journey with me

Daniel Isaman




On to Dinner
We are big sandwich people here, I like to make bread and put all sorts of things together so of course I love my panini grill.
Roasted veggie Panini's with green salad
Good thick bread (don't cheap out here, to honest with you most bakery bread is less costly then then the big stores)
Swiss/ American cheese ( the best meling cheese ever as far as I am concerned). Ask your deli for it
Roasted red peps ( I make my own but jarred are fine)
Onions (carmalize them 1st)
Portabello's caps (cook down a bit )
Stone ground mustard
That's it for ours, but add anything, eggplant is good, asparagus, cukes,zukes, all different kinds of greens you name it)
Pile them up, oil the grill and cook on. For the salad, clean out house veggie drawers and toss it together.

Enjoy and Keep your bellies and hearts happy on this rainy day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers