Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Signed, Sealed, In Training

We all have to go through personal challenges from time to time. There really seems to be no exception to this rule. Whether they are financial or family problems or relationship or careers, everyone will experience their own challenge at some point and you really have to be able to overcome these challenges if you want to make sure that you are living your life at the highest level that you can.

How you react to the situations in life that are challenging will have a lot to say about you and your character and whether or not you have what it takes to persevere and weather any storm. And remember that if you want to be able to achieve success in any area of your life, you have to be able to look at these challenges as times where you are able to grow and become stronger and not a time to shrink or run away.

CHALLENGE CAN BE A GOOD THING!

The more we are challenged in our lives, the more we get to learn about ourselves. If you never had to face any kind of situation that tested you, you would never know just where you need to make improvements or where you already are strong enough. This helps to build an all around character and this is what you need if you really want to be able to experience a life that is considered to be a success.

The hard times in our lives also help us to appreciate and show gratitude when things are more easy going, so there is something to be grateful for even if the challenges make us feel the opposite sometimes.

With that I stand here before you and committ to.....

I need to do this for so many reasons. The main being as storng as I have always claimed to be, I have become worn over the past 2 years. Crossing the finish line after running 13.1 miles (I'm running the half) will provide me the chance to be in the posistion of kicking somethings fanny rather than it kicking mine..I am not in it for speed, being a first time runner my goal is simply to finish with a smile.

I'll keep my training logged here and hope to see you on the sidelines.



With all of that here is a yummy recipe made for fueling.. Its perfect timing with all the football game parties coming up. One of the things I've found in saving up calories is that you can then pick and choose where you want your fat to be. In certain dishes you can take out the meat and dairy and not even miss the taste or fat. Which allows you to make your favorite brownies or cookies and enjoy them.
To me Chili is one of them.
My Stepmom found this recipe when we came down in November and it has been in the rotation ever since


3 Bean Crock Pot Chili from Pillsbury
INGREDIENTS:
1can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1cup dried lentils (8 ounces), sorted and rinsed
1large vegetable boullion cube crumbled (If I have the standard small ones at home I use 2, If I have the good organic ones which are larger I use 1)
1envelope (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
3cups water
1can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and mild green chilies, undrained
1can (15 ounces) tomato sauce

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients except tomatoes and tomato sauce in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.

I've made this as a main dish served with homemade chips and quac. Over rice or Quinoa an as an dip the next day. There are so many ways to use this.
Perfect dish for anyone who fears they'll miss meat...

Stay warm and keep those bellies happy

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Carolyn! I'm so glad you'll be posting your progress on the blog.

    And I love your outlook on "challenges" of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Tolido!! I was reading and then I had to go back to the top a few times to make sure I was reading the right blog!! Ya for you!!:) I will be there for sure!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, the site called - No Meat Athlete would be a great place for you to get recipes. We make alot from there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like that blog is right up my alley, Sarah thanks. I am really excited about going through the whole process, my goal really is just to smile as I cross and look up and breathe.........

    ReplyDelete

Followers