Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Can't take credit but have to share

So I just love finding cute ideas to make with and for Sophia. I get just as much of a charge out of it as she does.
A friend of mine posted these on her blog. She bravely made them with her "sous chef" (her almost 4 year old).Hers came out exactly like the picture. I showed them to Sophia and imediately as loud as she could "Momma, we can bake em' and I can eat em' too". Could I even think of saying no.... I think not.
So we came home from school today and attempted them together. I have to be honest, I made 2 sets of them, as my 1st, melted just as fast as Frosty ran away when the sun came out. My 2nd set, so cute

Here's what I learned from batch to batch:
I needed to let each layer of frosting "set" before I added more
Black is a crazy hard color to make so I used a tube I had in the pantry

Have fun and for our neck of the woods, only 33 more days till Kone King opens.. Spring seems closer huh?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, they turned out adorable! Having our "sous chefs" in the kitchen makes everything more fun, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it so does, your were far better.. It took me half way till midnight and 2 batches. By the time I was done, I was so proud of myself, I had to post. And Sophia's face this morning was priceless, when she went to bed we had "mush piles" of frosting.. Check out http://www.bakerella.com/ for super cute ideas as well. I made the bugers and fries for April fools last year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about bakerella! Wait til you see what I brought to Pizza Thursday this past week (I'll post it on my blog soon)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making "the milkmen" to bring to Rose's this week. Did u see those? A great way to use Doughnut holes...

    ReplyDelete

Followers