Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Out of ashes.

A very new New Year to us all. 2010 provided an up hill, in the snow, barefoot kind of year for most people I know. I can only share a bit of a conversation I had with a friend "It has to get better". This I know for sure. No matter who you are, where you are and what you are doing at the moment, you can reflect on that thought.
It is interesting to me that we wait all year for it to end only to have our proverbial life slate wiped clean at the magical tick of a clock.
I hope to approach the new year with more calm, strength, fearlessness, vigor, GOD, love, rest, service, thought, water, and homeiness then years past.
I vowed to myself to set a daily resolution that I can acheive rather then 1 huge one that I may work on for a few months and put on the shelf to collect dust and furballs. Such as smile more today, laugh more, breathe.... etc
As I step out of 2010 and leave behind a lot of rubble that is not ready to be cleaned up I am very aware of what God wanted me to see in all of it. LOVE. It was wrapped up in many different "packages" that I am so honored to call my friends, who walked with me daily and checked in often and understood that I had a hard time keeping my part of the bargin at times, sent heartfelt notes that are "band aides" over my heart, made a meal at just the right moment, held my hands and wiped tears, gave an extra smile and never once looked me strange when my words did not make sense or were just plain wrong at that moment in time.
I laughed when my blackberry was taken over by the Golden Girls theme for a day.. It just kept singing at random moments, Thank you for being a friend..... Yep that says it Thank you for being my friend!
God has shown me LOVE in the midst of a lot of hurt and pain this year and through prayer and guidence I know why....
In the year ahead I hope that I can be there for others as was done for me.
2 Timothy 4.5
But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.

What's your banner say this year? Post a reply, it will be fun to see where we all think we are headed....
"Out of these ashes beauty will rise"

2 comments:

  1. "count your blessings, not your worries."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Carolyn. I am so blessed to call you my friend.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Followers