Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

sickkkkkkk

So I woke up this past Saturday with a huge and very painful "sinus head ache" Jeff headed off to the gym with Phi for her first day at "drop off" gymnastics (he stayed). She's been going to a great place that we love and will gear her into competive gymnastics if she chooses later on, since she's been about 18 months. In Dec, she took the move up test and Lil' Miss Indep. was a star. (Oh that sounds weird) Anyway, she really did great on every thing they had her do. So they reccamended her to move up. She was happier then a clam to get to run with the "big kids". She's really into it. Jeff made her (upon request) a purple balance beam for Christmas which she practices on almost nightly.
Ok I digrest here... while they were gone I slept the day away. we had plans to go sledding and I thought the fresh air would do me good to clear my head. Well by the time I got home I couldn't see straight and went back to bed. In the middle of the night a 102 fever decided to join me. Well track record with me a fever means 1 thing, Strep throat..... So after being knocked out to the world on Sunday I manged to have Jeff's mom take me to the drs. on Mon. I love my dr, she walked in took one look at me and my temp and said the same, Strep... she said my throat was covered. I've battled with Strep almost my entire life. After some perscriptions I was headed home. The fever finally broke midday yesterday after being on and off, Saturday night. Today, I was finally feeling like I could move, not sure how it affects anyone else but for me it literaly takes 2 weeks of my life away. With all of that I have not been able to eat anything but ice cold water or juice, my throat almost closes.
Being that I rejoined the world today and I was able to have some rice for lunch. I decided to make some Cheddar Biscuits or Red Lobster biscuits

if you know what I mean.
So when you make your next meal and think something is missing whip these up, I am sure you have everything in your house for them, and they are a great kid recipe too. Sophia made mostly the whole thing. I remember reading on a friends blog how she was amazed how fast it went from, her daughter helping her used to mean more time and more mess, but then all of a sudden it's really help and things get done.. Well Sophia is there and I love it.
The Recipe
In a food processor pulse 1/2 a cup butter in with 2 cups of flour and add 1tsp baking powder, 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt (Sophia is a wiz at this) if you are there with your babe, don't be afraid to let them push the buttons, if I have to walk away I unplug the cord)

1 cup Cheddar cheese finely grated
3/4 cup Whole milk
2 tablespoons Butter
1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Dried parsley flakes
1 dash Salt

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

2. Measure out 2 1/2 cups of the flour mix (save the rest in a tight container in the fridge, use like Bisquick) with cheddar cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons of butter that has been melted in the microwave, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder in a medium bowl. Mix until well-combined.

3. Scoop on to parchment lined sheets
4. Melt 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt. Brush this mixture over the tops of each unbaked biscuit.

5. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown. Serve warm.
SO NOT A FAT FREE RECIPE OR TRULY HEALTHLY I KNOW BUT AFTER THIS WEEK AND NOT EATTING, IT WAS WORHT EVERY YUMMY WARM BITE!



Jeff made Barely soup to go with them... my secret recipe.... wanna know...
a friend shared it with me, its on the back of the Quaker medium Barely box, I just spike it up a bit and no meat.

Perfect for a sick day or snowy day both of which are here. Stay Healthly and warm and keep your belly happy

2 comments:

  1. I am making these today, yummy!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love them. Let meknow how they turn out

    ReplyDelete

Followers