Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Recovery

I left my picture cord at work sorry no pic, but I'll get one up soon

So our apple picking adventure was fun. We met up with wonderful friends and picked apples and raspberries till the kids could not be bothered...
Upon checking out I discover we picked 145 pounds of apples..... Yes 145 lbs of apples.
The funny things is it really doesn't look like that much. Its 4 Wegmans bags full and 1 of the giant Aldi bags. Needless to say they'll be some apple recipes in our near and distant future...
Speaking of recipes here's the week:
Apple, Cheddar and caramelized Onion Pannini's(I think I spell this wrong every time)
(Served with Green Chips)
Tomorrow we are bringing Phi with us to pick up our share at the farm and I found a cute little country mom & pop so that takes care of Monday
Tofu Parmish (because it never happened last week, too many left overs that needed to be used)
Butternut Squash, Apple and White Bean Flatbread (new recipe I'm trying out)
Potato Soup (Recipe below) (So happy so many of you tryed it out this weekend and loved it)
Homemade Veggie burgers (I'll post this sooo easy recipe later in the week)

So thats a heads up as to what the week will bring.

Something comforting to try Warm milk & honey
While at the farm I picked up some more local honey. When we came home Phi was out of sorts as rightfully so, a shorter then normal car nap after a long day of hard work. So we snuggled up on my bed with books and "stuffies" and a mug of milk & honey. I came to love this soothing mix when I was in my early 20's. It just seemed to wipe all the ick of the day away and somehow felt like home. Just warm up some milk on the stove and sweeten to your liking with honey. I imagine welcoming friends and guests into my B&B with a cup and a fresh muffin someday...


As for the Raspberries they became fresh muffins for breakfast

* 1 lemon
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 cup nonfat buttermilk, (no Buttermilk/No worries, juice 1 lemon into 1 cup of milk or Almondmilk)
* 1/3 cup canola oil
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 large (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar. Add buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla and pulse until blended.
3. Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk mixture and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
4. Bake the muffins until the edges and tops are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.


Enjoy the day and keep your belly happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers