Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

An apple or 12 a day...



So with all those apples I have, I have been tossing them into everything.
Give it a try. Some of my best recipes have been on accident.
I added apples to my:
Squash soup
Potato soup
Made a yummy crock pot apple sauce (over night) it was joy to wake up to.
so it could be over REAL oatmeal.
Mixed the fresh sauce into my waffle batter
Melted butter and brown sugar mixed some applesauce in and had a great topping to ice cream or the above waffles
Tossed them in a salad
Thinly sliced on grilled cheese
Diced into my homemade veggie burgers

So you can guess what our meals will be some what centered around for the next little bit. But its fun trying to use them in new ways

Most of you that know me, know that long ago, as I was attending undergrad and grad school I was a make up artist. I still have a passion for it but in order to go the route I would have liked with it I really would need to move and that's not happening so.... The next best thing is staying in the loop. I get a lot of trade mags and have some pretty good friends still in the industry. (Katie O- I am soooo proud of you and your will, strength and trust, You are awesome at what you do. I will always have memories of us tracking to TO to go to the pro store.) But anyway a website that updates and test new products had been raving about Rimmel's (yes I know its drug store) 25 hour foundation. I have searched high and low for one that can go on at 6:00am and still look great at 10pm (my day) I was using a Chanel formula that I loved for the last 3 years. I gave this one a try and its really very nice. It may just become my new winter formula. Still love paint sticks for summer.

We've been out at a fall fest all day so this weeks meals will be up by Monday. I am trying out a new sauce recipe that apparently has been sweeping the cooking blogs.. Stay tuned and happy bellies

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Makeup tips! I just bought a new foundation from Victoria's Secret, only because I was in the store and I needed one. I think it is making me break out though. I should check that one out! Thanks!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Followers