Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meals, Maui & Momofuku.....

So the Meals this week are planned:
Maui Soup (Clean Eating recipe a great friend turned me on to, leftovers will be lunch for me for the week)See Below
Homemade Pizza
FLT's on Homemade bread with roasted green beans (Faux Bacon, L, T's)
Tofu parmish (just like chic parm but not, and I am serving it with Season Orzo rather then heavy sauce and pasta)
Taco's (we make open face salad, with black beans, corn, homemade salsa and gauc)
Pasta Broccoli
Veggie Barely soup (My secret is the recipe on the back of the quaker med barely box with a few tweeks, love this soup, I'll prob make it Friday night so when we come home from apple picking dinner will be within arms reach)

Maui

Over the summer I had lunch with a dear friend who brought some yummy soup. She had mentioned her whole fam loves the soup and its so easy to throw together, well bring it on, esp in Sept. I looked up the recipe and got to work.
I loved how simple it was, it almost remind me of what I call a fridge clean out soup, everything you have on hand. I loved that most of the cooking happened before the stock even goes in the pot and for the most it was done in 30 min. One thing I left out the basil and oreg and added cilantro, it just seemed to fit better and this recipe calls for the soup to be pureed. I started doing that and didn't like the look of smooshed black black beans so I opted out of that and left it. I served it with my famous homemade tortillas ( a girls gotta have a few secrets, sorry) and it was a hit. The recipe made enough for dinner and portions for my lunch.

and now on to MOMOFUKU!!!!?????

http://www.momofuku.com/milk-bar/

So I have been reading about this noodle bar and milk bar for a few months now and have been running across the name for a bit so I had to do some investigating, well turns out it is a fun foodie kind of NYC place (we will most certainly be heading there on our next big city adventure) with such things on their menu as the compost cookie, cereal and milk shake and the infamous crack pie! Yes crack pie, this is the recipe that I keep crossing which is funny because it is not even close to the clean eating, healthy body conscious foods that I have been immersed in.
Any way, I am just holding out to make this but can not bring myself to make it for just us, for fear I'll eat the whole thing.
Check this link out for more info on "crack"
http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/2010/03/momofuku-milk-bars-crack-pie.html
the link gives more behind the pie and that sticker shocking price of $44 a pie! (only in NYC)

So we had a nice weekend, Sunday nights are comforting to me as a rest day but not so much as a back to work night. It does ease my mind that while I am down here typing and doodling away on the computer, my batch of dough for my homemade bread is rising, laundry is done, house is somewhat still clean from the cleaners this week. And Monday can come as it will if I want it to or not, so my choice is to embrace it, smile and go out and face it all.

Keep your belly happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers