Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Seriously addictive snacks and soup...



This past weekend was a bit chilly so what a better thing to whip up, soup.
Soup is so easy, quick and healthful, I really wonder why anyone would ever buy a can and don't get me wrong I love salt and the ease factor but there are just so many options when it comes to making your own

Here is one of our favorites
CHUNKY POTATO SOUP
3 cups diced potatoes
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped carrots (optional)
2 cups milk
3 cups water
3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
1/3 cup ground Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp Mrs. Dash original
2 cubes of Veggie bouillon
2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Bring water to a boil, add fresh herbs and vegetables. Let boil for 5 minutes, add milk, butter, boil for 3 minutes more; add spices and seasonings, then add flour and cheese.
Stir very well so that the flour and cheese do not clump; continue stirring.
Serve when vegetables are tender and flavors are well blended.
Serve topped with cheddar cheese and add a few saltine crackers.

I served these with yummy green chips..

Its a fun way to eat lots of vitamins and yummy goodness.
Green Chips

Take a bunch of greens (kale, collard any heavy green)
Rip them up and lay them on a baking pan (love my Pamper chef bar stone)
mix together 1 Tablespoon of EVOO and 1 Tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar
Toss together, sprinkle salt or spike or any of your favorite spices..
Bake for about 10-15 min at 350 till crispy and chip like.

Sophia and Jeff love these (so do I).
And I just had to share as we had these with 3 different meals this week, Jeff looks at me (the 3rd time I put them down) and laughed. "What I" said, He shook his head and said "we just eat so differently then everyone else" I actted surprised but I really wasn't but I just keep thinking why not? Why can't we learn to love good, healthful and purposeful foods? We don't have to be that heavily reliant on medicines and the norm of bloat and yuck. Ok I'll jump down from my soap box. But really I hope I can help anyone who needs it. Please just ask if you have a Q.
On that note I'm off to enjoy the weekend and breathe a bit.

Kepp your belly happy

2 comments:

  1. Love that picture, so cute. I am going to try those chips, sounds yummy!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just made the soup. Used Vegetable Organic broth (no boullion only beef) so hopefully it will work. Also, I am going to try those chips!-Christa

    ReplyDelete

Followers