Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

No don't throw that out


So I have this hallway cabinet that is over flowing with Tupperware, Glad ware, Zip lock ware and all the other ware's you can find at a store or at a Home party.
About 2-3 times a year Jeff gets something in him to clean it for me (aka, throw all my stuff out.....) So I always linger by the hall and say "No, No, I may use that, what if, Oh those are good for..." Well one of the many items is the infamous Tupperware Hamburger press. I have wonderful memories of my mom making homemade burgers with hers. I can clearly picture her sampling the raw mixture, (GROSSSS I know, but I take whatever memories can come) Anyway, when I first moved out on my own, somehow I got talked into selling Tupperware for like 6 months and of course what was my very first purchase? You guessed it, well I have used the thing maybe like half a dozen times in my 16 years of living on my own. Till now.. Go figure when I am fully vegetarian I learn to love a Hamburger press.

So you have to try these, whether you eat meat or not. They had such a great flavor to them you'd never miss any of the ... well I'll save my adjectives for another time.
Enjoy.
Here is the original recipe:
http://vegetableartist.blogspot.com/2009/09/eggplant-meatball-spagetti.html

She originally made meatballs, which I will do as well. But I broke out the Burger press and got to work. I made the patties and cooked them for about 20min at 400. Let them cool and packaged them up to freeze, I"ll reheat them just like any other veggies burger. I made them using the Italian spices she called for but next time I'll play a bit with different ones, like maybe cumin and curry..

I almost forgot, I wasn't sure if they would brown enough so instead of salt I used Tamari, which is a wheat free soy sauce. Worked well they got nice and brown in the oven.
Happy Bellies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers