Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's all in the presentation

Yesterday was such a lovely stay at home day. Phi had her last Saturday gymnastic class (we are moving to a weeknight next year) and then we puttered around the house getting lots of work done. Hopefully next weekend I'll have phots of our new pergola :) After some gardening, house work and swimming it was time for dinner. Well low and behold this week got the best of me and I had nothing planned. Thank goodness it's CSA time so I had plenty of freshness floating around. So we through together a big salad. Just perfect on a hot day. We eat alot of salad around here (shocker, I know). In conversation I often get asked what goes in to raising a vegetarian and honestly I am not an expert and when I have a q or wonder if I'm "meeting Phi's dietary needs". I look it up or check with my friends who are also making the same choices for their chidlren. But here's what works for us. PRESENTATION Check this pic~ Phi's "salad" and ours They both have the same things. Hers is just spread out to encourage picking.. I've seen a few different ideas that go along with this such as; place items in a muffin tin (cute shaped 1 from the dollar store) or in ice cube trays. So if you have a picker just go with it. What tricks do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers