Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Random things of Bliss

1st let me start with a running update:
Doing good, love feeling everything tighten up and really getting into the zone. I look forward to the calmness of me, myself and I out in the cold air. Most of my runs are at night after Phi is is bed. I have set my clock early for 5:15, but when I check the weather it is always too cold for me. I won't go out if its under 20 and wet.
Pretty much my training looks like this:
Mon & Wed I take a cardio and weight class.
Tues, Wed & Thurs short runs, so far 2 miles.
Sat long runs 3miles this week and they increase by a mile each week
Fri & Sunday ~ RESTTTTTTT.
After a long day at work and a drs app for the little one (answer to the temp and runny nose - Ear infection). I was in awe of a brown package at my door. Hmm, not out of the oridnary for me. Considering I had a panic attack when the tax man asked if I shop online.... Amazon (along with many more) and I are great friends. But I could not place the the address. Typically I return to sender these items (lesson I learned from joining 1 too many book clubs, unopened packages send back for free). But we were waiting for a package from Florida so, I opened it.
What was in it you ask?
Just the prettiest box of heavy weight, delicate, frenchy type stationery you've ever seen. But I don't know who to thank? Oh it made my day! I can't wait to write a note on it. I'm pretty sure it came from this site
which I posted about privously.. I am just giddy thinking about it. Sweet dreams of gel pens gliding on paper for me tonight.
And now on to the big day... Tomorrow I will be 34 and I must say, I have never felt better. I can honestly say I feel like life began at 30 rather then all the rumors I hear. Its a good number. People no longer say, "oh you're young you've got time" they give you credit for making it that far and having some sense about you. I have been given many amazing moments with my beautiful little girl and most say, she's taught me much more then I ever will teach her. Healed and mended some tattered fences along the way. Have weeded my life garden many times over and now feel like I have a good tool box for the mishaps and moments of ugg we all deal with. And much more, can't wait to see what God has planned for me this year?
So how do I start getting ready for the day? By sitting up in my kitchen blogging at 11pm, because I just baked cupcakes to bring to my kids at school and they need to cool before I can frost them.
They are pink and will be mfrosted with white an then adorned with pink jimmies. Not that I have any close connection with pink (I'm more green then pink really) but I had a huge bottle of jimmies left over from our Valentines treat so....
Here's my no fail quick, healthish Vegan Cupcake



1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 good cap of sprinkles

Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with paper liners.
2 Whisk the milk and the vinegar together and let sit a few minutes until curdled.
3 Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda
4 Beat together the milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, and almond in a large bowl. 5 Mix wet into dry and mix with a wisk until no large lumps remain. Add the sprinkles.
8 Fill cupcake liners I use this scoop (You can't go wrong with the size) bake for 20 minutes or till done. Check you overn you know it best, mine only take about 16-18 on convection. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.

I love that there are no eggs in this, not a ton of fat and not a ton of sugar. Perfect for my Kinderbabes..

I'll let you know how the day goes....
Till then keep your Belly Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers