Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yumminess

"Wendy's" Napa salad

A while back my husband's Aunt was in town and shared a super yummy salad she had at a friends home. I left that night with a mental note to recreate it at home. Well sure enough life happened and I forgot.
Today while picking through the produce department I noticed the Sample lady. Most times I waltz right past as, they typically are showcasing prepared food packs, or microwave meals and other treat that I try to stay clear of, but lately (Must be inspried by summer) they have had some pretty interesting dishes to share. And today.... I was reminded of my need to recreate this salad.
So who is hosting the next Potluck? Cause I know what I'm bringing!

Dressing
Just an estimate, measure to taste
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
A good heavy pinch of raw sugar
2/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari sauce
Salad:

1 head Napa cabbage, chopped into nice shreds
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 pkg ramen noodles Asian flavor works best here (no meat seasonings used)
4 oz slivered almonds lightly toaste (you are going to toast again)
Smart balance

Wisk dressing ingredients. Set aside.
Chop cabbage and green onions.

Crush ramen noodles. Mix with almonds and butter and brown in skillet.
Toss all togehter and serve. Not a good one to leave hanging around, it will sog up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers