Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My knight



He rescued me from my foolishness as a teen and has been along for the crazy whirlwind of a ride ever since.
He has lost wars with me and conquered many more.
Handles my stress as his own and sits patiently when I need to melt, waiting and breathing for me.
Hears all calls and needs for help with an eagerness not known by many.
Gives himself away in the hope to make me whole again.
Never holds "it" against anyone almost to a fault.

Yes that is my Jeffrey. I take it for granted time and again. And over the past year as I have tried to push him away so that I had control over the pain, the loneliness and the hurt, he stood and waited for me to snap out of it. There is not much more I can say. Soft and squishy emotions are hard for me. I hide it well. Hence my "suck it up and move on" moto. But I can say I plan to celebrate his birthday, I am glad he hasn't "moved on", God knows I have given him many chances and "easy" outs.
I thank God for him each day.. God knew exactly what He had in store for me and knew who could handle the journey along side of me....

4 comments:

  1. A very sweet post Carolyn. SO true how we take our wonderful husbands for granted SO often! And then I look around at the crazy relationships, especially those who don't have God on their side and remember that I am SO DARNED BLESSED!

    By the way, if you need a listening ear sometime...whatever the hard parts of your year have been...I'd love to listen.

    Hugs to you guys. You're a beautiful and blessed family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Carolyn, this brought me to tears. I think you and Jeff are an AMAZING couple. Both filled with your own unique self sacrificing gifts. I love you both dearly.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,

    I am so thankful so your friendship and your authenticity. You are in my prayers and loved much!! You and Jeff are a gift to eachother :)

    Huggs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, I thought you were talking about Jesus! But what a wonderful tribute to Jeff! You and your family have blessed my family so much-you are such completely giving and selfless people! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers